Saint Seiya Mugen 2D
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How is your experience with Ikemen Mugen?/Como é sua experiência com Ikemen Mugen?

3 posters

Go down

How is your experience with Ikemen Mugen?/Como é sua experiência com Ikemen Mugen? Empty How is your experience with Ikemen Mugen?/Como é sua experiência com Ikemen Mugen?

Post by Orion Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:13 pm

Well recently I am using Ikemen, and as a connoisseur of mugen, even in an amateur way (yes, I consider myself very distant from the professional), I decided to leave my impressions for the users or even for the programmers who look at the forum .

Positives:
1- Intuitive such as mugen.
2- scoring system
3 - dizziness
4- super guard
5 - TAG system (The best in the free games market.)
6 - option to play online (although there are steps like installing a vpn program that I haven't mastered well yet.)
7 - Chars receive most codes, even the few usual ones like Remappal, winquotes, among others.
8- The stages can read the Zoom codes and have support for OpenGL stages.

Anyway, in many aspects the elecbyte engine has overpowered mugen 1.1

Negatives:
Well, not everything is flowers. Be aware that Ikemen is not really mugen. Although, much of the source code of mugen is simulated (which is known to programmers), the writing is not the same. You may have some problems and, as always, some adjustments must be made in some materials, if you want to stay in it longer.

1 - The program will not open chars that have syntax reading errors. The solution is to correct the hand one by one. To make it easier, write 1.1 on the mugenversion line and follow the error report in real time on mugen 1.1 and get it fixed. For me, this needs to improve in Ikemen. The bug report is not always specific on occasion and does not give general information.

2 - Still in the characters. in some projection-based hypers the blows can literally choke or fail, due to the engine itself. Here, of course you will need to review the char's programming. For, the char must enter the parameters of the new engine and not the other way around. However, rest assured, because there are rare chars that present this type of problem. However, be warned: it can happen.

3 - Like the characters, the stages can also present problems. Some may exhibit adverse behavior due to code conflicts such as darkness, smudges, areas of transparency appearing. No secret, fix it one by one. Be patient until you find the code that generates darkness or lack of zoom (even if it is already programmed). There is no secret about the transparency area, change the sprite map of the image in question.

4 - Stereo or mono stage sound support is poor even in mp3. On Mp3 he reads Lame very well. The sounds in Ogg are still weird (this is my opinion, as he has a lot of highs). Still need to go a bit further in this regard trying to incorporate more libraries. However, I recognize that this is no small task. For now, we will have to pay attention to the format of saving the sound.

I believe that with the development of the versions the support for sounds in stages improves, as well as the behavior of the char and the stages themselves in ikemen. However, I guarantee you will not regret it. The experience is very good. The short time that the engine has developed, shows that it has a lot of potential. Open source helps anyone who wants to venture to improve it.

What did you think? Tell your story.

Greetings.

;------------------------------------------------------------

Bom recentemente estou usando o Ikemen, e como conhecedor do mugen, mesmo de forma amadora (sim, eu me considero bem distante do profissional), decidi deixar minhas impressões para os usuários ou mesmo para os programadores que vez ou outra passam os olhos nos fóruns.

Positivos:
1- Intuitivo tal como o mugen.
2- sistema de pontuação
3 - tontura
4- super guarda
5 - TAG system (O melhor do mercado de jogos gratuitos.)
6 -  opção do jogar on line (embora existam passos como instalar um programa vpn que ainda não domino bem.)
7 - Os chars recepcionam a maioria dos códigos, mesmo os poucos usuais como Remappal, winquotes, entre outros.
8- Os stages conseguem ler os códigos de Zoom e  possuem suporte aos stages OpenGL.

Enfim, em muitos quesitos já superou a engine do elecbyte o mugen 1.1

Negativos:
Bom nem tudo são flores. Tenha ciência que o Ikemen não é realmente o mugen. Embora, se simule muito do código fonte do mugen (o que é conhecido pelos programadores), a escrita não é a mesma. Você poderá ter alguns problemas e como sempre alguns ajustes devem ser feitos em alguns materiais, se você quiser ficar nele por mais tempo.

1 - O programa não vai abrir chars que possuem erros de leitura de sintaxe. A solução é corrigir um por um a mão. Para ficar mais fácil, escreva 1.1 na linha mugenversion e acompanhe em tempo real no mugen 1.1 o relatório de erros e vá consertando. Para mim, isso precisa melhorar no Ikemen. O relatório de erros nem sempre é específico em algumas ocasiões e não dar informações gerais.

2 - Ainda nos chars. em alguns hypers baseados em projeções os golpes podem literalmente engasgar ou falhar, devido a própria engine. Aqui, óbvio você precisará revisar a programação do char. Pois, o char deve entrar nos parâmetros da nova engine e não o contrário. Porém, fiquem tranquilos, pois são raros os chars que apresentam esse tipo de problema. Porém, fique avisado: pode ocorrer.

3 - Assim como os chars, os stages também podem apresentar problemas. Alguns podem apresentar comportamentos adversos devido a conflito de código como escuridão, borrões, aréa de transparência surgindo. Não tem segredo conserte um por um. Tenha paciência até localizar o código que gera escuridão ou falta de zoom (mesmo estando já programado). Sobre a área de transparência não existe segredo, mude o mapa de sprite da imagem em questão.

4 - O suporte para sons de stages em stereo ou mono é precário mesmo em mp3. No Mp3 ele lê muito bem o Lame. Os sons em Ogg ainda são esquesitos (isso é minha opinião, pois ele tem muitos agudos). Ainda precisa avançar um pouco nesse quesito tentando incorporar mais bibliotecas. Porém, reconheço que isso não é um trabalho pequeno. Por hora, teremos que prestar atenção no formato de salvar o som.

Acredito, que com o desenvolver das versões o suporte para sons em stages melhore, assim como o comportamento do char e dos próprios stages no ikemen. No entanto, garanto que você não vai se arrepender. A experiência é muito boa. O curto tempo que a engine se desenvolveu, demonstra que ela tem muito potencial. O código aberto ajuda a quem quer se aventurar a melhorá-la.

O que você achou? Conte seu relato.

Saudações.
Orion
Orion
5 ESTRELLAS
5 ESTRELLAS

Zodiaco : Capricornio
Mensajes/ Messages : 1511
Fecha de inscripción/Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

How is your experience with Ikemen Mugen?/Como é sua experiência com Ikemen Mugen? Empty Re: How is your experience with Ikemen Mugen?/Como é sua experiência com Ikemen Mugen?

Post by Orion Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:06 pm

Hello friends, follow more impressions after a few months using. The engine is more stable at 64 bits when loading all the materials described in the select file. It takes less time than mugen 1.1, even taking into account the path for 64-bit. In this sense, Ikemen is better modulated and stable, although in some very rare situations, as in mugen 1.1, the game suddenly closes. However, in both engines this is rare. However, comparing the two engines, Ikemen is better in terms of stability and modulation.

One thing I noticed with Zoom in Ikemen. Even though we can fix some encodings that are wrong in some stages, the fact is that Ikemen's Zoom still has some differences compared to mugen 1.1. And yes, this disharmony makes a difference and is negative. Even taking into account that Ikemen is a different engine than mugen 1.1, these differences in Zoom reading and modulation are a problem.
It is noticeable in stages with more elements, where only opening the zoom is possible to view certain objects, however Ikemen does not show everything compared to mugen 1.1. This occurs mainly at the top of the stage. I'm not sure of the problem, one more clue is perhaps the boundhigh code or derivations of it that are inscribed and read differently. This software problem is more serious, but can be revised. This may not bother some users, but for mugen natives, it will not go unnoticed.
I will try to talk to one of the developers, but the repair may take time or not, because in Ikemen everything depends on the moment and who moves it.

Greetings.

;-------------------------------------

Olá amigos, segue mais impressões depois de alguns meses utilizando. A engine é mais estável em 64bits ao carregar todos os materiais descritos no arquivo select. Leva menos tempo que o mugen 1.1, mesmo levando em conta o path para 64 bits. Nesse sentido, o Ikemen é melhor modulado e estável, embora em algumas situações raríssimas, assim como no mugen 1.1, o jogo fecha repentinamente. Porém, nas duas engines isso é raro de acontecer. Porém, comparando as duas engines, o Ikemen é melhor em termos de estabilidade e modulação.

Uma coisa percebi com o Zoom no Ikemen. Mesmo levando que podemos consertar algumas codificações que estão erradas em alguns stages, o fato é que o Zoom do Ikemen ainda tem algumas diferenças se comparados ao mugen 1.1. E sim, essa desarmonia faz diferença e é negativa. Mesmo levando em conta que o Ikemen é uma engine diferente do mugen 1.1, essas diferenças na leitura e modulação do Zoom é um problema.
É perceptível em stages com mais elementos, onde somente abrindo o zoom é possível visualizar determinados objetos, no entanto o Ikemen não mostra tudo se comparado ao mugen 1.1. Isso ocorre principalmente na parte de cima do stage. Não tenho certeza do problema, mais um indício talvez seja o código boundhigh ou derivações dele que são inscritas e lidas de forma diferenciada. Esse problema de software é mais sério, porém pode ser revisado. Talvez isso não incomode alguns usuários, mas para os nativos do mugen, isso não passará despercebido.
Tentarei falar isso com um dos desenvolvedores, mais o conserto pode demorar ou não, pois no Ikemen tudo depende do momento e quem mexe nele.

Saudações.
Orion
Orion
5 ESTRELLAS
5 ESTRELLAS

Back to top Go down

How is your experience with Ikemen Mugen?/Como é sua experiência com Ikemen Mugen? Empty Re: How is your experience with Ikemen Mugen?/Como é sua experiência com Ikemen Mugen?

Post by Orion Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:41 pm

More impressions follow. Logically the engine evolves. In the latest update music support has improved. It would still be interesting to add midi to the library to look like mugen.

Today, I stopped to study some codes and for the joy of people who want to update their screenpack, I noticed interesting things.
There is no change in codes for the following def files in the data folder.
- credits
- game over
- intro
- soon

So, I conclude that whoever wants to update their screenpack must do the manual operation only in fight (lifebar) and system. These have more codes, so it is interesting not to overwrite and update little by little.

However, it is already a big step forward. Today, I realized that updating a screenpack is not that difficult, logically it will still take time, as it is necessary to test the system.def and fight.def files.

Anyway, let's wait for more surprises.

An interesting thing. Ikemen developers are listening to the fans' suggestions. They are trying to make the engine camera look like mugen to ease the transition for users.

One thing I think needs to appear in version 0.98 are interactive stage templates. Apparently it already exists in the source code. However, it would be interesting to build some examples for users to see how to do.

Greetings and see you soon.
;-------------------------------------
Segue mais impressões. Logicamente a engine evolui. Na atualização mais recente o suporte de músicas melhorou. Ainda seria interessante acrescentar midi na biblioteca para ficar igual ao mugen.

Hoje, parei para estudar alguns códigos e para a alegria do pessoal que deseja atualizar seu screenpack, observei coisas interessantes.
Não existe mudança nos códigos para os seguintes arquivos def na pasta data.
- credits
- gameover
- intro
- logo

Assim, concluo que quem deseja atualizar seu screenpack deve fazer a operação manual somente em fight (lifebar) e system. Estes possuem códigos a mais, logo é interessante não sobrescrever e atualizar pouco a pouco.

No entanto, já é um grande avanço. Hoje, percebi que a atualização de um screenpack não é tão dificultosa, logicamente ainda vai levar tempo, pois é necessário testar os arquivos do system.def e fight.def.

Enfim, esperemos mais surpresas.

Uma coisa interessante. Os desenvolvedores do Ikemen estão ouvindo a sugestão dos fãs. Eles estão tentando deixar a câmera da engine idêntica ao mugen para facilitar a transição dos usuários.

Uma coisa que acho que necessita aparecer na versão 0.98 são templates de stages interativos. Aparentemente já existe no código fonte. No entanto, seria interessante construir alguns exemplos para os usuários estudarem como fazer.

Saudações e até breve.
Orion
Orion
5 ESTRELLAS
5 ESTRELLAS

Back to top Go down

Post by oscartsg1 Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:40 am

yo me pasado ya totalmente al ikemen.tiene muchas fallas aun,pero solo por el modo tag merece la pena.lo que hace falta es saber cuando van a sacar de una vez un update que arregle fallos.mucha gente lo esta pidiendo y aun no sale.
alguien sabe cuando saldra el update?
oscartsg1
oscartsg1
5 ESTRELLAS
5 ESTRELLAS

Mensajes/ Messages : 969
Fecha de inscripción/Registration date : 2015-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Orion Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:41 pm

oscartsg1 wrote:yo me pasado ya totalmente al ikemen.tiene muchas fallas aun,pero solo por el modo tag merece la pena.lo que hace falta es saber cuando van a sacar de una vez un update que arregle fallos.mucha gente lo esta pidiendo y aun no sale.
alguien sabe cuando saldra el update?

For now the community doesn't know. However, as is the custom, at least one more should come out at the end of the year, as usual.
Orion
Orion
5 ESTRELLAS
5 ESTRELLAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Orion Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:19 pm

A novelty in version 0.98 that I could see is that there is no longer a requirement to have the Traning char inside the chars folder to make the executable run.
Now, you don't need to save this file.

I also tried the updater, the file: Ikemen_GO_CoreOnly_v0.98.zip. In it you will have the essential files that have been updated.

It works perfectly. I was able to update the screenpack without wasting hours redoing codes, to make the selection screen my way.

Until the next impressions.
Orion
Orion
5 ESTRELLAS
5 ESTRELLAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Orion Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:22 am

Hello guys,

Little by little I understand the new features of the engine. This time I will write about the list of automatic commands in the Ikemen. It's a good idea, because many players don't know the moves and often in the middle of battle, we want to do a hyper or combo, but without having to close the game.

although mugen makes this possible by building code in the ST and cmd files, in Ikemen the experience is much smoother.

Just write a dat file and follow some specs like in Ikemen's Kun Fu man model.

There is a site that can help you generate the DAT file with the codes and names of the scam. But, there are a few notes about how the site's AI will read your cmd. If something is out of spec, some hits will not be read. I'll talk about this later, however, why do you want to get ahead, in state -1 in cmd, when declaring the name of the scam, don't leave a space, because the Ai of the site doesn't know how to read the space, besides that above state-1, just leave the name of the hit. So you won't have any problems. Although, I will try to do a tutorial this weekend explaining it step by step.

How is your experience with Ikemen Mugen?/Como é sua experiência com Ikemen Mugen? Sprite88

Site = https://superfromnd.gitlab.io/ikemen-cmdlist/

Another thing, I think I reported it elsewhere, but it's a record here. The recent versions of Ikemen, there is no longer the problem of the char HR being the normal size in the selection screen. Now the animation will be the size of the battle, regardless if it has the localcoord written in the def file or not.

Until the next impressions, there is still a lot to explore and only with time to understand.

Greetings.

;=========================================

Olá pessoal,

Pouco a pouco vou compreendendo os novos recursos da engine. Dessa vez vou escrever sobre a lista de comandos automáticos no Ikemen. É uma boa ideia, pois muitos jogadores, não sabem os golpes e muitas vezes em plena batalha, queremos dar um hyper ou combo, mas sem necessidade de fechar o jogo.

Embora o mugen, torne isso possível através de construção de códigos nos arquivos ST e cmd, no Ikemen a experiência é muito mais lisa.

Basta escrever um arquivo dat e seguir algumas especificações, como no modelo do Kun Fu man do Ikemen.

Existe um site que pode lhe ajudar a gerar o arquivo DAT com os códigos e nomes do golpe. Mas, existe algumas observações sobre como a AI do site lerá seu cmd. Se tiver alguma coisa fora das especificações, alguns golpes não serão lidos. Falarei disso mais tarde, no entanto para que quer se adiantar, no state -1 no cmd, ao declarar o nome do golpe, não deixe espaço, pois a Ai do site não sabe ler o espaço, além disso acima do state-1, deixe apenas o nome do golpe. Assim, você não terá problemas. Muito embora, tentarei fazer um tutorial neste fim de semana explicando passo a passo.

How is your experience with Ikemen Mugen?/Como é sua experiência com Ikemen Mugen? Sprite88

Site = https://superfromnd.gitlab.io/ikemen-cmdlist/

Outra coisa, acho que relatei em outro lugar, mas fica de registro aqui. As versões recentes do Ikemen, não tem mais o problema do char HR fica do tamanho normal na tela de seleção. Agora a animação ficará do tamanho da batalha, independentemente se ele estiver com o localcoord escrito ou não no arquivo def.

Até as próximas impressões, ainda tem muita coisa a explorar e só com o tempo para entender.

Saudações.
Orion
Orion
5 ESTRELLAS
5 ESTRELLAS

Back to top Go down

Post by FobiaZ Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:13 pm

¡Hola Orión! ¡Gracias por la guía! Las nuevas características de Ikemen Go son interesantes, ¡tengo que experimentarlas algún día! Smile
FobiaZ
FobiaZ
RANGO
RANGO

Zodiaco : Libra
Mensajes/ Messages : 26
Fecha de inscripción/Registration date : 2015-11-11

Orion likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down